Suply chain Management
Supply Chain Management provides continual improvement and competitive advantage at a tactical level, whereas Solutions Engineering identifies and builds strategic advantage.
In summary, our Supply Chain Management team can add value in a number of ways, such as reducing operating expense, while meeting your service level. They can strengthen working capital, balance inventory against forecast demand and help lower total landed costs by optimizing routes, carrier rates and tariffs.
- Network optimization
Using advanced network modeling techniques, our specialists analyze the number, size and location of distribution centers. They also seek opportunities to lower operating expenses, better handle seasonal fluctuations in volumes and improve inventory positioning relative to forecast.
- International route management
Drawing on our global operations and local experts, our team can enhance routes to achieve lower landed costs with predictable lead times. This in turn will help reduce safety stocks, whilst improving inventory turns.
- Supply chain diagnostics
Applying the latest diagnostic tools to provide strategic competitive advantage, highlighting areas of strength and those requiring improvement compared with industry peers.
- Aligning strategic business needs
Provision of acontrol tower solution to ensure end-to-end supply chain visibility across multiple partners and supply chain strategy alignment.
Lead logistics provider
With supply chains becoming ever more complex and global, a company’s ability to effectively control and maintain visibility of processes, data flows and the status of shipments is critical to remaining competitive.
To assist clients with this challenge, have developed a Lead Logistics Provider (LLP or 4PL) solution that delivers:
- Global visibility and monitoring
- Process standardization
- Enhanced management control and strategy delivery
- Centralization of supply chain data
- Global, regional and local strategies
- End-to-end supply chain visibility
- Ensures data quality
- Management of legislative developments
- Process management
- Identify consolidation opportunities
- Continuous improvement
- Transport mode migration- air to sea
- Headcount reduction
- Fewer supplier relationships
- Carrier management
- Management reporting and analysis
Global connectivity and visibility
- Global visibility built on cloud-based technology
- Owned and developed by Yusen Logistics
- Flexible levels of connectivity
Increased network visibility and responsiveness
- Reduced supply chain and freight costs
- Optimal inventory levels and decreased levels of buffer inventory
- Compliance penalties minimized
Improving Supply Chain Strategies and Enhancing Competitive Performance
Increasingly, companies are adopting extended, often complex, supply chains to secure competitive advantage. The frontrunners go one stage further by forming partnerships with logistics experts to establish tactical benefits and more effective supply chain strategies.
Our Solutions Engineers focus on the strategic supply chain improvements. This is done by working alongside your own management team, applying powerful modelling applications to simulate supply and demand patterns, and evaluating different scenarios. They can also develop recommendations for improved distribution networks.
By understanding business priorities, the Solution Engineers can help build risk mitigation and recovery policies that will support strategy developments.
- Supporting the execution of supply chain strategies
- Identifying supply chain risks and developing sustainable solutions
- Using the Yusen Logistics capabilities and network to address customer supply chain challenges
- Route analytics to increase transport efficiency and drive cost savings
- Comprehensive network modeling to reduce operating expenses
Customized Solutions for the Safe, Reliable Transportation of Your Logistically Challenging Cargo
Because manages so many different modes of transportation around the world, our Project Cargo team has a wealth of local, practical expertise to call on. Working closely with your own people, they will build and manage your special project from first concept through to delivery. Whatever the size, weight or complexity of handling.
Multiple Modes of Transportation
Regardless of commodity size, weight, or configuration, we can propose the most suitable solution by combing multiple modes from end-to-end, complete with full visibility
- Conventional vessel
- RORO vessel
- Container break bulk loading, including oversized containers
- Air freight
- Air and marine Charter
- Inland water transport by barge
- Costal marine transportation
- Land transportation of ultra-heavy cargo by multi axel modular trailer
Project Logistics Management
We take the lead for global logistics planning, using control tower methodology, with complete visibility
- Full turnkey base factory relocation logistics
- Project planning and project management
- Overall logistics control, right down to mobilizing and monitoring on-site teams
- Vendor management, where we have special expertise in the auto, aerospace and renewable Energy sectors
- Delivery and on-site erection
- Complete with all the necessary supporting IT solutions
When required, we can provide all the supplementary value-added support, tailored into a fully integrated service.
- Consulting and total logistics planning
- Road survey and feasibility study
- Site supervision
- IT solutions, including progress visibility, supported with full Key Performance Indicators
Temperature Controlled service
Safeguarding Your Temperature Sensitive Cargo
Whether it is the transportation of perishable food produce, temperature critical chemicals, pharmaceuticals, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), or even aviation fuel, reliable temperature controlled services are a vital part of supply chain management.
Yusen Logistics provides world-class temperature controlled and controlled atmosphere services, across the supply chain, delivering cargo to destination in perfect condition.
Our capabilities include dedicated and managed fleets with temperature-control capabilities and secure temperature controlled hubs. This network provides a seamless cold chain solution with multi-client consolidation and shared-user transport a safe and cost-effective option.
Produce freshness, product shelf-life and uncompromised API viability are protected through strict monitoring, quality checks and reporting. Cold chain flexibility that is demonstrably compliant.
Today’s retail supply chain is more complex than ever. Dealing with damaged and returned goods has become as important as selling the product itself.
The returns must be sorted and, if the product can be reused and repacked, sold to a secondary market to recover maximum value. If the returned goods need to be disposed of, you need to find a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly way to do so.
Yusen Logistics has developed a Reverse Logistics program that manages your product returns and allows you to generate revenue from them while limiting your environmental impact. We provide a complete end-to-end service that offers you a system for managing product returns, including a zero-landfill solution. Our expert management of products’ aftermarket life cycle enables you to capture the maximum recovery value for reused goods and ensures that any recycling is done in an environmentally friendly and responsible way.
- Consolidation and return to vendor
- Auction/secondary market sales
- Recycling and recovery of used assets
- New asset handling
A.- Vibration Control Panel
Sourcing products from overseas offers so many advantages – and raises so many new challenges. Whether you are transporting precision equipment, medical instruments or foodstuffs, local road conditions can present a major headache. And air-suspension trucks can be costly and, in some countries, not even available. That’s why we developed a whole new technology – vibration control pallets
Secure, Reliable Transportation, Regardless of Local Road Conditions
Our new solution is delightfully simple, combining Yusen Logistics’ innovative vibration control pallets with everyday trucks.
- Protection from vibration and impact, in the warehouse, on the road
- Defense against both vertical and horizontal vibration or shock
- Suitable for all transport modes, by sea, land or air
- An ideal alternative, where air suspension trucks are not available
We can integrate our vibration control pallets across a wide range of our services, anywhere within your extended supply chain.
B.- Controlled Atmosphere Container
Customers value the levels of innovation Yusen Logistics brings to the realm of global logistics, and controlled atmosphere containers are a perfect example.
While temperature controlled containers have revolutionized the transportation of perishable foodstuffs, some produce requires more than temperature control and management.
At Yusen Logistics we have over 10 years experience in building and delivering these cold-chain solutions.
Our controlled atmosphere containers extend the supply chain for produce that previously could not be transported far beyond the domestic market. This is achieved by tailoring the atmosphere within the container to slow the ripening process by changing the composition of the air. Creating new opportunities for the supplier country and offering new products to consumer countries
With increased supply chain complexity driving extended lead times, it’s not surprising that visibility is taking center stage in today’s global supply chain. Companies are now seeking highly customized levels of control that go beyond simple shipment visibility.
That is exactly what the Griffin supply chain visibility portal delivers. It provides greater control over operational processes as well as a single, secure central communications portal and instant access to business-critical information. With controlled access, it can be shared with suppliers and third party service providers.
Best of all, Griffin’s foundations are built around our industry-wide expertise. We simply take those foundations and add a layer of your specific requirements and processes – industry best practice tailored completely to your business.
Cloud based PO and vendor management tools, providing:
- Auto booking and shipping alerts
- eBooking functionality
- Exception management reporting
Cloud Based Visibility
- Critical supply chain information summarized on a single screen
- Vessel, shipment, container, PO and SKU level visibility
- Milestones updates – pre-PO to destination delivery
Lead Time Based Services
When lead time is the determining factor, you can choose from:
- Express – 1-2 days for urgent cargo
- Standard – 3-5 days, flexible choice
- Economy – 5-7 days, maximizing cost effectiveness
- Documents available online for Customs clearance via eDoc functionality
- Demurrage management tools and alerts
- System updates can be made by third party customs / delivery agents
- Griffin is configurable by Yusen Logistics’ in-house development team, allowing for faster development times and customized logic built around your specific standard operating procedures. It delivers answers in seconds to help make more informed decisions. This provides customers with greater supply chain agility and reduced inventory and landed costs.
B.-Next Visibility System
NEXT integrates information from multiple logistics systems, providing a complete view of your global Supply Chain.
This system supports reducing total inventory and lead times, improving labor efficiency, and leads to increased optimization of your supply chain. Through our data management processes, the information can power business intelligence, supporting business planning and supply chain strategy decisions.
Solutions from NEXT
Reduction of overstocking and prevention of short stock
– Visualizing in-transit inventory removes excess orders and prevents short stock.
Transit Cost Reduction
– Visibility of inventory and stock alert function reduces urgent air transit for short stock prevention.
Prevention of delays in delivery date
– Management of cargo status by PO or item prevents the risk of the delivery delay.
– Document sharing platform and events/alert function reduces your operations workload.
- Data of your transactions and KPIs supports your decision-making process